The Lemonade Award. It is given for blogs that show great Gratitude and/or Attitude. With great gratitude I thank Margaret of Margaret's Ramblings. I adore her blog as it takes me across the ocean to view the world of the British. I would love to have lunch with Margaret -- in her garden.
From the great state of Florida, I have the Smart Mouth Broad to thank for two awards. First, the Bella Award for new bloggers. I find this is a most lovely award. Looks good on my site, also.
Second .... a Sushi Grade Award for a blog a cut above other blogs that are canned and turned into salad or casseroles. A Sushi Grade Blog is fresh, lively and of superior quality. It is rare, has character and is of good taste.
Oh, and it’s packed full of heart healthy Omega 3 oils.
And, last, but certainly not least, Pseudonymous High School Teacher tagged me for an 8 Muse. Seems PHST and I share a few of the same thoughts so glad it has been a while since anyone has read hers (I used some of her answers.) Here goes:
8 Things I’m Looking Forward To
1. The school year ending
2. Summer reading
3. My niece's wedding in Grand Lake, CO
4. My mom being here for the next week and a half
5. Summer writing
6. Floating on the lake
7. Finding a new normal
8. Being alone with my husband for a few days so we can remember why we like each other.
8 Things I Did Yesterday
1. Lifted weights and ran on the treadmill at the YMCA (my foot and knee are now swollen - why do I try to pretend I can still run?)
2. Planted green beans, squash, yellow bells, plumbago, watermelon and cucumbers
3. Cleaned the cat box
4. Went to the store to buy my oldest son new sheets and a few kitchen items for his first apartment
5. Packed the car and drove my mom to the lake.
6. Unpacked the car, made a vodka tonic and watched my mom swim. I laid on the dock.
7. Cooked a Midwestern salt/pepper meat, potatoes, green bean dinner for my mom
8. Played three hours worth of Two Handed Hand and Foot with my mom (because my two sons who were supposed to do that didn't drive out.) Wasn't so bad. Had fun.
8 Things I Wish I Could Do
1. Travel everywhere
2. Eat food from all over the world and never gain weight
3. Play the piano, guitar, and sing my ass off -- in front of people
4. Win the Pulitzer Prize
5. Soar like a bird
6. Save my dad from Alzheimer's Disease
7. Swim like a dolphin
8.Paint like Renoir
8 Shows I Watch - I'm not a TV watcher, but...
3. McNeil/Leher Report
5. The Daily Show
6. Food Network
7. Reruns of Law and Order
8. Six Feet Under (on dvd)