Thursday, February 5, 2009

Firing Darts

To win a race, the swiftness of a dart availeth not without a timely start.
Jean de LaFontaine


I just spent the past two hours perusing job sites, tossing the various forms of my resume out to prospective employers. Taking the advice of a friend, I shot darts to see where they land. This isn't the first round of aimless tossing. I've had a few no-thank-you or job-already-filled responses to queries, but a most lovely reply arrived from a part-time accounting job for a non-profit rowing organization. Apparently I was one of 100 to apply for the position. Although they wanted to hire us all, they did offer a brief reprieve from job hunting to come down and go on a two-hour rowing trip, for free. How cool is that! I know how to row.

Meanwhile, I'm sorting the year's paperwork to configure our taxes. Mild distraction, but hopefully a profitable one. With paper all over the room, it looks like I'm doing something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. Every word you write, I appreciate.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails