Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm Humbled to Accept



Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul. Henry Ward Beecher

In the past couple weeks I've had the pleasure of accepting several commendations. With so many incredible and prolific bloggers out there, I'm surprised and flattered when I'm awarded with these honors. I am most grateful.

The Super Comment Award/You Don't Say Award is given to bloggers who leave comments worth discussing on other blogger’s posts. It may also be because those comments are great in quantity, great in substance, or just great in general.
An award that recognizes great commenters is a brilliant idea. And that's the idea behind this You Don't Say Award.

Pam's Perspective and Words of Wisdom from a Smart Mouth Broad were both kind enough to send it my way. Getting awards is always an honor but an award that recognizes those bloggers who consistently comment is a high honor indeed. The You Don't Say Award "... is for beautiful people who practice blogging etiquette by visiting or visiting back, and leaving comments. Their observations are apt and helpful and it's a pleasure to have them comment on your posts..."

I'd like to pass this award on to Linda at Wander To The Wayside . Her comments are always thoughtful and giving.

From Missy at Missy's Book Nooks The Heartfelt Award came into my life:
Do you reach for a cup of cocoa or tea when your relaxing, seeking comfort, sharing a plate of cookies with family and freinds? You know the feeling you get when you drink a yummy cup of cocoa, tea, or a hot toddy? That is what the Heartfelt Award is all about, feeling warm inside.


And also from Missy, The Proximidade Award



Being a recipient of this award affirms that this blog invests and believes in the Proximity – nearness in space, time and relationships.

I am honored and humbled by the attention of these fine bloggers. I thank them.

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Both awards are well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Well done! You deserve them all. The time and effort you put into your posts and comments is appreciated by many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read every one of your posts and really like it here and I look over at you for many things. Congrats on the well deserved shout outs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bloggers get great awards. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your awards! You deserve these and more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats and much deserved, if I say so myself. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, and these awards are so graphically cute as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful and congratulations to you on both awards! You make me proud to know you and I'm happy for you.
    Love the header photo; it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations - love the animated one...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's me! That's me! My first award! Thank you so much, I'm speechless! Well, not so speechless that I can't say that I had actually come here to see if you had something new for me today - AND YOU DID! Woohoo! I'm a wiiin~ner, I'm a wiiin~ner (...she says humbly.) Now what do I do? Do I get to put that cute little panda on MY blog?

    Seriously ... thank you SO MUCH. Blogging this last six months has added so much to my life, and 'meeting' so many nice and talented people, like you, has been icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how rude of me. In my excitement at my OWN award, I rudely and ungraciously forgot to congratulate you for the two awards bestowed upon you. And so deserving - you were one of the first blogs I found that I so totally related to, that helped me find my own groove, and whose kind comments gave me the courage and confidence in myself to keep on. Congratulations, and thank you for all the spoken and subliminal support you have given me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are definitely an excellent writer and I always enjoy your posts (and am humbled by your talent). Of course you're getting all kinds of kudos!
    Love the new photo...Alaska?

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are most certainly deserving of these awards and even more I daresay! Your blog is wonderful, such creative and heartfelt writing. Congrats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your recognition--pats on the shoulder are good any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks everyone. Please visit the great bloggers who granted me the awards. Fun sites - each and every one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the awards! You do leave thought-provoking comments! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're getting a substantial amount of bling! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. Every word you write, I appreciate.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails