Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June Scavenging

No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. 
Oscar Wilde

Time for the June Scavenger Hunt brought to you by Made With Love. Please visit her in Australia if you, too, would like to join or view this most fun creative outlet. Even if you don't post it, fun to come up with your own interpretation.


http://suzzie43.blogspot.com.au/


The June List

J is for
Rust
Smooth
Classic
Imagination
Similar
Parallel
Socks
Bead
Mug
Post
Whatever You Want


 My Take

 J is for

Julie. That would be me. The burger joint I was visiting has been around since 1926. Not me.

Rust
My brother, Jordan, sent me this windmill. I put it together, screw by screw, all by myself.

Smooth
The water falling into this waterfall is beautifully smooth before the fall.
Classic

You win Lewis Carroll. I visited an exhibit featuring Alice in Wonderland at the University of Texas Ransom Center last week. Much fun especially since I was reading the book at the time.

 Imagination


Come to find out, Salvador Dali did 12 illustrations for an Alice in Wonderland book. What a combo of imagination -- Lewis Carroll and Salvador Dali.


Similar

My husband and youngest son - the Bama Chef boy (home for a week after a year and a half. Yes, those sheets I showed you the other month finally got changed!)

 Parallel

View from the hammock. Three lines looked parallel to me.
Socks
I went a little crazy on these, but I love them. You got your Toulouse Lautrec, Vermeer, Monet, Edvard Munch, Van Gogh, Matisse, and your Botticelli. Right there on your feet.

Bead
Pride of Barbados or if you prefer, Bird of Paradise. I thought the unopened blossoms and the detail on the end of the stamen (anthers?) looked like beads. 

Mug
My three sons mugging for the camera last night.
Post
University of Texas night light.
Whatever I Want
Upper McKinney Falls

That's all I got. Here's July's List:

July's List
D is for?
Wide
Edge
cylindrical
Feelings
Mysterious
Weed
Joke
pile
Speed
Night
Whatever you want

Any takers?

35 comments:

  1. I have to look into those socks in knee highs for my friend. She sports a lovely collection of Mackenzie Childs that remind of the Cat in the Hat, if he wore socks. Lovely quilt behind them. Is it a cathedral window variation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, I'm a zero on kinds of quilts. I just saw that one and liked it. Would love to learn how to quilt someday. I found the socks at a specialty shoe store, but I also saw them on Amazon.

      Delete
  2. Hello, I too love the socks. It was fun seeing all your photos. Your sons are so handsome. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You also, Lilly. The socks have been too much fun -- for me!

      Delete
  3. What a terrific selection of photos, J for Julia ! Great job on putting the windmill together :) Having all those artistic socks is a feat! (sorry) The wonder of Alice is perfect for imagination ~ loved all the images. Great mug shots of handsome sons :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Glo. Certainly enjoyed your selections also.

      Delete
  4. I like your creative mind and you've come up with a great scavenger hunt for June! J for ? - Julie. What a good start! Loved it all, but especially the socks, Alice and, of course, your husband and handsome young men.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda P. I'm not certain if it is a creative mind or a rather twisted one. Are those two things the same?

      Delete
    2. Ha ha! It's also good to have a sense of humour - I like that. Take care my friend.

      Delete
  5. I rather like that list idea - good way of helping creativity along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a good creative outlet. Gets me out and thinking in another direction than normal. Not that I always know that direction either.

      Delete
  6. Some great ideas and photos, you have very handsome men in your family. Love your socks and imagination:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your men are handsome and it was interesting...Dali did Alice...so to speak. Have always enjoyed his work, strange though it be. Pride of Barbados...yes; Bird of Paradise...no. At least, not the Bird of Paradise HI style. Finally...those SOCKS are fabulous...where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Dali did Alice...so to speak." Hahahahahaha! Yes he did.

      Socks - In Step shoe store.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such creative pictures. I love the poem with the painting. Your sons are very handsome young men. Cheers. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers to you, Beckie. Imagination at its best there with poem and painting. And thank you.

      Delete
  10. I like rusty things, too. That's a great windmill-way to put that together!
    How cool is that Lewis Carroll exhibit? I have a few friends mad for Alice.
    You have handsome sons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did well! Styling with the socks--your collections sure tops mine. Ok, any collection without socks-filled-with-holes beats mine.

    Enjoy your 4th.

    Off to look at your Aussie friend's place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holey socks. Hahaha! Happy 4th to you as well. Enjoy.

      Delete
  12. Nice photos, especially of your boys. Nice to have home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. A rare sight these days to have all three together so quite the good visit. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  13. Your sons are absolutely gorgeous--glowing with health. And I am SO GLAD you got to change those sheets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I knew you were still thinking about those sheets.

      Delete
  14. You are having a lot of fun with these. Love the orange bloom, it almost looks like an orchid. The leaves tell me it is a legume. The socks are very unique, were they online or in a store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun -- especially when one's own creativity isn't progressing. Socks, online and in a store. Hot Socks.

      Delete
  15. Thanks for taking part in this months scavenger hunt. I really like your photos of rust, imagine, bead, and whatever you want. Greenthumb

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoyed your interpretations this month, especially J (well I would say that as a fellow Julie!). x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some great pics. Love Bead and how wonderful to have a hammock to see parallel lines. How lovely to go to an Alice Exhibition. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. Every word you write, I appreciate.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails